If your AC unit is more than 10 years old, making strange noises, or failing to cool your home effectively, it may be time for a replacement. But how long does it actually take to replace an AC unit? The answer, of course, depends on several factors. But in general, it should take no more than a few hours to replace an AC unit. In this article, we will be walking you through how long it will take to replace an air conditioning unit, as well as the factors that will affect the replacement time. Keep reading to find out more!
Determining if you Need a New AC Unit
The first thing you need to do is determine if you need a new AC unit. There are several signs that your AC unit may be nearing the end of its lifespan. Some of these may include:
- The unit is more than 10 years old. The average lifespan of an AC unit is between 10 and 15 years.
- It’s making strange noises. If your AC unit is starting to make strange noises, it’s a sign that it may be beginning to break down.
- It’s not cooling your home as well as it used to. If your AC unit isn’t cooling your home as effectively as it used to, it may be time for a replacement.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s time to start thinking about replacing your AC unit. But don’t worry, the process is not as difficult or time-consuming as you might think. With the help of a qualified HVAC professional, you can have your new AC unit installed in no time.
If you’ve determined that you need a new AC unit, the next step is to choose the right unit for your home. This can be a bit of a challenge, as there are many different types and sizes of AC units on the market. But a good HVAC professional will be able to help you select the perfect unit for your needs.
How Long Does Replacing Your AC Take?
Once you’ve selected the right AC unit, the next step is to install it. This is where things can get a bit tricky, as AC units are not easy to install. But again, a good HVAC professional will be able to install your new AC unit quickly and efficiently. If you are looking for a reliable HVAC professional near the Crystal Coast of North Carolina, contact us here at Coastal Home Services!
In general, it should take no more than a few hours to replace an AC unit. Usually, it will take between two and six hours to replace, but sometimes it takes up to eight hours. But of course, the exact time will depend on the specific circumstances of your situation. So if you’re thinking about replacing your AC unit, be sure to consult with a qualified HVAC professional first.
Things that Affect Installation Time
There are several factors that will affect how long it takes to replace your AC unit:
- The size of your AC unit. If you have a large AC unit, it will take longer to replace than a small one.
- The type of AC unit you have. There are many different types of AC units on the market, and each one has its own installation process. Sometimes the installation process will take a little longer, depending on the brand.
- The age of your current AC unit. If your AC unit is very old, it may take longer to replace than a newer model.
- The condition of your current AC unit. If your AC unit is in good condition, it will take less time to replace than one that is in bad condition.
- The size of your home. Larger homes will take longer to install a new AC unit.
- If this is your first AC unit. The process to install an AC unit in a home that has never had a unit previously always takes longer than simply replacing a unit.
Replacing your AC unit is a big decision, and it’s important to choose the right unit for your needs. There are many different types and sizes of AC units on the market, so it’s important to consult with a qualified HVAC professional to find the perfect unit for your home. Once you’ve selected the right AC unit, the HVAC professional will then install it for you. In most cases, the entire process should take no more than a few hours.
Coastal Home Services Can Help!
Replacing your AC unit doesn’t have to be a difficult or time-consuming process. With the help of a qualified HVAC professional, you can have your new AC unit installed in no time. So if your old AC unit is on its last legs, don’t wait any longer to replace it. Consult with a qualified HVAC professional today and get started on choosing the perfect AC unit for your home.
If you are located near Morehead City, North Carolina, contact us here at Coastal Home Services! We have been family owned and operated for over thirteen years, and have become Morehead City’s #1 air conditioning and heating service and installation provider. Whether you need routine maintenance, a new installation, or have an emergency, we are here to help. Our emergency service even has a 15 minute response time!
So, if you are looking to replace your air conditioning unit, contact us by filling out the form below or by giving us a call. We look forward to helping you beat the heat!